Start here for everything related to financial support. From the types of support offered to learning how to apply for funding.
Grants, Project Funding, Financial Assistance, and Seed Money
The Life Members Committee, through the generosity of donors, actively supports programs and initiatives that engage Life members and the community we serve. Donors have provided support to various Affinity Group Chapters for chapter and local events, speakers, Section, Student Branches, and HKN programs.
Donor supported activities include a variety of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM/STEAM) and Career and Technology Education (CTE) programs, emerging technology, career development, technology policy issues, professional education, government activities, guest speakers, section-wide outreach initiatives and conferences. Historically, projects have engaged local IEEE and non-IEEE leaders and other civic or corporate volunteers.
Donations to the IEEE Life Member fund also support regional and global initiatives including:
- Women in Engineering – International Leadership Conference (https://wie.ieee.org)
- IEEE Rising Stars Conference (https://ieee-risingstars.org)
- Engineering Projects in Community Service (EPICS) (https://epics.ieee.org)
- Sections Congress (https://sections-congress.ieee.org)
- MOVE vehicles (https://move.ieeeusa.org)
- Science Centers, Libraries, Exhibits, STEM programs
- The IEEE History Center (https://www.ieee.org/about/history-center/index.html)
- Congressional and Academic Fellowships
- IEEE Foundation Programs (https://www.ieeefoundation.org)
- and many other events, activities, and programs that benefit all IEEE members and Life Members
The Life Members Committee (LMC) encourages Life member activities globally, regionally, and locally. Life members can request financial sponsorship or co-sponsorship to support various projects and activities.
The Life Members Committee has created two committees with the responsibility of accepting funding requests and applications. The committees are:
- Large Funding Requests – applications US$2,000 or greater
- Small Funding Requests – applications smaller than US$2,000
Small funding requests undergo review at the Region level with a recommendation to the Life Members Committee Finance Subcommittee level. Large funding requests undergo review by the Life Members Committee Finance Subcommittee.
The IEEE Life Members Committee (LMC) may support requests for financial support from IEEE Life Members (LMs), Life Members Affinity Groups (LMAGs), or IEEE organizations endorsed by either an LMAG or LM Region Coordinator. This program is known as the LMC Local Activity Funding – Opportunity Request (LAFOR) program. Requests must be modest in size. Recipients of approved requests should consider the funding as a gift.
Submit any LMC Project Funding Requests to your Region Coordinator.
Download the LMC Project Funding Request Application (.XLXS)→